Dear FVC Clients,
We understand the growing concern surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) across our community and our hearts go out to those that have been impacted. There is no higher priority than the safety of our clients, team, and patients. We are currently following the CDC and WHO recommendations so that we may continue to serve our patients that need medical care as safely as possible. For this reason, we have decided to make the following changes and recommendations to promote social distancing and help control the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- We have moved from a walk-in clinic to appointments only in order to better control the number of people at the clinic at one time. Please call, email or use the app to request appointments.
- Due to social distancing, curbside check In is required by all clients upon arrival to the clinic. You can call our office and a team member will come to your car to bring medications or retrieve your pet for services. If the phone lines are busy, please hang up and try again. We have been experiencing a high call volume. Call 830-625-1440 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clients are not allowed into the clinic at this time with the exception of euthanasias.
- Telemedicine (email, phone, video conference) Option: If your pet has been examined by one of our veterinarians within the last 12 months, we are allowed to examine the pet via pictures and videos sent electronically. Medications can be mailed to you by our online store or picked up via curbside. Not all illnesses and injuries can be properly diagnosed in this manner and you may be asked to bring your pet to the hospital. Normal exam charges apply to telemedicine options and payment will be done over the phone. Please call or email to request this option
- Mailing Prescription Refills: Along with curbside pickup of refills, we are also offering to mail prescriptions through our online store. You can request the refills through fischerveterinaryclinic.com, our app, email, or call.
- Any client showing any clinical signs of COVID-19 will be asked to have another family member
bring in their pet and wait in the car.
We ask any client who has recently visited an “at risk” area to have another friend or family member bring their pet to our hospitals.
Our staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the hospital and after every client/patient interaction.
Our staff is instructed to stay at home if they begin to show ANY clinical signs of COVID-19.
With schools being cancelled, our staff may be limited at times due to childcare issues. Please be patient in the event that wait times are a little longer than usual.
Our staff, at times, may be wearing protective masks and gloves during client interactions.
We understand your concerns about your pet’s safety. Fortunately, there is no current evidence that pets can contract and spread COVID-19. For further information, we encourage you to visit the links below:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
This situation continues to evolve quickly. We are committed to staying open for your pet’s health care needs during this time. We will continue to update you with new information via email and Facebook.
Thank you as always for trusting us with your pet’s care. Please stay safe and healthy!
The FischerVet team
At Fischer Veterinary Clinic, we strive to be a voice for pets and a guiding hand for the people who love them.